Is Eischen’s Bar really the “Oldest Bar in Oklahoma”?
Eischen’s Saloon was established in 1896 by Peter Eischen and was open until statehood and prohibition. Shortly after prohibition in 1906 Eischen’s Bar was opened by Nick and Jack Eischen, son and grandson of Peter Eischen.
The “oldest” bar recognition comes from the actual ornate bar that was carved in Spain in the 1800’s. Nick “Curly” Eischen won the bar on a hunting trip in the 1940’s. A piece of the original bar still remains on display after the building was burned down from a fire in 1993. Eischen’s Bar reopened seven months later.
Eischen’s Bar thrives today, known as Oklahoma’s Oldest Bar.